Thursday, October 23, 2008


So when I went back to the hospickle the next day, I was in labor but didn't know it, and had the baby around 2 a.m. on 7/18. He was fine, weighed 7 pounds 11 ounces at 36 weeks' gestation (premie). Life got busy and all when he ended up back in the hospital for high bili levels and failure to thrive. Turns out he wasn't latching well and had a poor suck, so my milk took its time coming in, and we had to supplement with formula.

Here it is though, 3 months later, and he weighs 14 pounds. He's so much fun, smiling and laughing and cooing and talking, and just a joy to have in our home. Kiddo adores her baby brother and asks all the time if she can help with him -- except she doesn't want to change dirty diapers. She's been a huge help though, learning to cook and do laundry and lots of other chorse around the house. She makes dinner about once a week. It used to be more, but now that Mojo and I are into the swing of things and he has a fairly consistent routine, it's easier.

We've all been sick with colds, so that hasn't been so fun... but we're getting better.

Hubby increased his hours a LOT after the baby got here. It helps to know the bills are being paid and I don't have to stress about working a zillion hours while trying to care for our infant son. We're doing just fine now and are grateful for all of the Lord's blessings.

The picture was taken over this last weekend. It's now my wallpaper on the laptop hubby insisted we buy so that I can work wherever the baby is (like those nights when he doesn't want me to leave his side, I can still work in bed with him). I wear him in a wrap a lot during the day, but nights have been hard.

Anyway. I need to find some lunch and have a nap.

No comments: