Monday, April 21, 2008

So Proud of Hubby

He actually spent time with my parents on Sunday. We had dinner and sat and talked for a while. He didn't freak out or run away, he was pleasant to talk with, and even though my dad thoroughly embarrassed me (and him), he stayed in the living room instead of hiding, even though he was headed that way at one point.

He did say afterward that he wanted to leave the whole time because inwardly he was freaking out, but that maybe next time it would be easier. He also said something about how he hopes they don't think he was too weird and he wants to be a son-in-law they can be proud of, and doesn't feel like he is that person yet. Hello, I don't know what is weirder than my dad talking about swords, knives, leather, and boobs the whole time ... Certainly not sweetie! lol.

It was really great to have him spend time with them and me and kiddo. I think the last time he saw them was B's baptism in October. So it's been a while.

The baby was kicking a lot last night while we were watching a movie, but hubby couldn't feel it. It made him really sad. Kiddo and DisGrace have felt the baby ... I think hubby feels cheated. *sigh* Hopefully MoJo kicks him hard, and soon. Kiddo is so cute -- she prayed daddy would be able to feel the baby soon. she sure loves her daddy and this baby, and is a very good kid. She knows Heavenly Father answers prayers. Hopefully he answers this one in the positive.

No comments: