Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Sweet Husband

He surprised me this morning! He brought me breakfast in bed (McDonald's, but he bought my favorite sandwich from there), kissed me, and left the room. Inside the bag? An anniversary card. Yes, our wedding anniversary isn't until August, but ...

Two years ago today, we met on a blind date (double date with DisGrace and her hubby). It hadn't been a very good day for me, but it had been planned a couple weeks in advance and, unbeknownst to me, my brother-in-law was struggling with wanting to introduce us and yet not wanting to get involved for SIX MONTHS. So I went.

We left the kids at DisGrace's with a sitter, and went to pick up this guy. I thought, "oh, he's cute." Then his daughter came running up to give him a hug goodbye, and I thought, "wow, she's beautiful!" He hadn't told her he was going on a date, but she got very curious about us soon thereafter ... We hit it off, he asked for my phone number, and we went out again the next weekend.

It hasn't been an easy or smooth ride, but it has been amazing. We've been through my hormonal-induced crazies, his bipolar ups and downs and struggling to find the right medication, a miscarriage, his daughter being taken back by her mother, my daughter going a bit looney right after the wedding, sickness, injuries ... and flowers, cards, love notes, love songs, camping trips, a road trip, holidays, anniversaries, my daughter being baptized by him, her daddy, the best kisses I've ever had the opportunity to experience, and the joys of growing together. I'm now carrying his son and more in love with him than I thought possible.

He doesn't read my blog, but I wanted to brag on him a little this morning ... Love you baby.

2 comments:

Katz said...

CUTE!

Happy Firstdateiversary.

steph k said...

aww.... that makes me all happy....