Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Not sure how I feel

My sweet husband ... we were talking about when the baby comes ... and he started getting a bit freaked out. Turns out he's not sure he can handle being in there with me during the labor and/or delivery -- feels like he's going to panic and end up in the bed next to me on a Thorazine drip.

I'm not sure how I feel about his panicking, but just in case he does, I have asked my mom to be in the room with us. She was there during Kiddo's birth, so I know she'll be a great support this time, too. Just ... I really want hubby to be able to handle it and see his baby come into the world.

I have told him what Mom said after kiddo, which was, "That was the most peaceful birth I've ever attended." I just knew I needed to push her out so I did, and there was no yelling or screaming or threatening or swearing or anything going on. It was peaceful, and that's how I want to bring this baby into the world, too. He still doesn't think he'll be able to handle it, since there will be two of us he loves to worry about, so he says it's different than when he waited for me in surgery and slept in the ICU and saw me with tubes and wires coming out of my body after my heart surgery. *sigh*

We still have 19 weeks to worry about it I guess, but I'd rather have him by my side NOT in a hospital bed or on drugs ... but holding my hand and coaching me to push, welcoming our new baby to this world.

No comments: