Thursday, April 10, 2008

Look! Haircut!

LONG overdue ... Among other things I did yesterday, I went to Great Clips after dropping off the Munchkin at school and told her to whack it off. I think she cut off 5 inches and then layered and texturized it. All I had to do this morning was wash it, comb it, put a bit of gel in it, and let it air dry. I LOVE IT. Hubby likes it too, actually, which I was surprised since he lurves long hair.

But I completely embarrassed the Munchkin this morning apparently. She woke me up at 8:59 (I didn't go to bed until 2? because I was restless). School starts at 9:05. So I put on shorts under my nightgown, didn't worry about hair/face/eyebrows, made her a breakfast shake (carnation/nestle -- hubby hadn't fed her ... lol) which she had to drink in the car, and took her to school. no bra. In my PJs. Messy hair. No makeup. She was completely mortified. hahahaha. So I came home and got cleaned up and even put on a bra, so when I pick her up at the bus stop she won't be embarrassed to be seen with me. at least she let me do her hair before we left ...


I also made a baby carrier last night. It took about 4 hours. (yes, that's the PJs I took her to school in). I put a cabbage patch doll in it to see how it would work -- worked just fine. Hubby watched me put it on to demonstrate this morning. He thought it was a bit strange I want to carry the baby around, until I explain that if a newborn is in a carrier when you're at the store, no one will touch it, and it will make things easier to do around the house ... plus if he's anything like his sister, he will want to be held a lot and cuddled and to nurse all the time. I added a strap for a binky since kiddo lost hers all the time. I intend to make two adult-sized slings of different styles to see which one all of us like best, as well as more diapers using a couple of different patterns.

I'm all domestic or something ... weird.

6 comments:

Katz said...

your hair looks like mine now! yay!

that sling is SO cool!

hold on... i think i need some more exclamation points.

!!!!!!!!

stewbert said...

heheheh. :) thanks.

evitafjord said...

I did the same thing in my downtime waiting for my new flight home from Seattle. Except I think mine was your new length and my new length is near my ears. I'll think about a picture.

The secret for me about hubbys and their thing for long hair - short hair makes ME happy, which means I smile, which means I look better :-)

stewbert said...

lol -- hubby quotes that darn scripture in the bible at me every time i talk about going super short. crown of glory or something ... anyway. he likes it, just doesn't want it above my ears, so i'll compromise.

for now.

kaje said...

I love your hair! It looks really healthy and shiny.

If I have any more kidlets, I'm totally coming to you for all my child sling needs! That is so cool.

stewbert said...

hehehehe ... you will. :)