Monday, April 14, 2008

*shudder*

A month or two ago, I was at Macey's and they were having a great sale on some name-brand cereals ($1 per normal sized box due to some great coupons). Hubby likes Raisin Bran, so I picked up a box or two, and got some cereals I like, too. Kiddo doesn't like raisins, but she does like the other ones.

I am not a fan of raisins. Never have liked them. They can ruin a good oatmeal cookie for me, have no business being there. My mom makes these yummy sour cream cookies, which are supposed to have a single raisin in the middle. I will pick that raisin out before I eat the dang cookie. My sister makes them with the raisin, too, and makes ginger bread men with raisins for facial features and belly buttons and stuff. I take them off those, too. I have never liked Raisin Bran in any way, shape, or form. It is just a thing, not like raisins make me sick or anything. I just don't like them.

In the last two days, this baby has made me eat THREE BOWLS of Raisin Bran. And I sense an urge for another bowl this morning. WHY??? We have some lovely triple chocolate cookies, which I really wanted last night until the baby said, "No, Mom. You're having Raisin Bran again."

*sob*

2 comments:

steph k said...

aww.... poor mom!!

Daisy Paige said...

Hahahaha...that's awesome! Good thing Raisin Bran is a much healthier option than a triple chocolate cookie. You're growing a smart one in there!

The only thing I ever craved that I didn't normally eat anyway were French fries. But I think that was mostly because we drive by an Arctic Circle every day, so I kept thinking about them.