Friday, April 4, 2008

Oh yeah ...

After the ultrasound, when I caught hubby being all gooey and looking at his son's pictures and after he'd said it made it all more real to him and that it was worth it waking up and staying up for the appointment, I figured it would be a good time to bring up the delivery. We'd just been talking about how kiddo is acting out some and had kind of a hard day -- she was so excited to see her brother, but she knows her world is going to change AGAIN, and that is hard for a spoiled rotten essentially only child.

I asked him: "So, how do you feel about the delivery now?"

"I'm still nervous, but I'll be there."

lol. I hadn't told him I'd asked my mom to be there in case he freaked out, but did after that. And said, "but really, I only want you in the delivery room with me. I'm so glad you will be there." He got a weird look on his face and said, "Well, I'm glad you only want me there ... it'd be really crowded with us and the doctor and nurse ..." lolol.

1 comment:

kaje said...

Good! I'm glad to hear it. It's such an amazing experience to be there when a baby is born, especially if it's yours!