Monday, August 13, 2007

Well ... Things could be worse.

Just so you all know, this last week wasn't the best. Nor was it the worse week I've ever had, to that's all right.

Hubby is supposed to go back to work tonight on his new schedule. Hopefully he sticks it out and doesn't go crazy because we are broker than broke. And right now, we have too many bills for either of us to cover alone. So ... hoping he's settled into his meds better than he was last week. Which is a story I'm not going to repeat.

Saturday night, our date night involved World of Warcraft (WoW). I don't usually just sit around and watch him play, but he'd asked me to consider creating my own character and playing for a while to see what is so cool about it. I'm not 100% sure why he loves it so much (although I see his point of creating his own sci-fi/fantasy story every time he logs in), but about the 30th or 40th creature I zapped and thought, "I have the skills to kill this sucker quickly," I realized I was SUCKED IN. He is so happy I'm playing, and giddy to tell all his friends and brother, "I can't join the group right now. My WIFE is playing." Hilarious.

And then yesterday, after I finally woke up (I haven't been sleeping well), kiddo and I talked about the game and I told her I played it and she wanted to see my character. So I showed her, and she asked me to play. So I played for a bit and she was like, "MOM! You are SO GOOD!" Which is also hilarious to me.

I am not a gamer. I do not play videogames. I do not like videogames. Except, I kinda liked bringing the smackdown on the undead ... and the creepy kitties ... and the wyrms trying to eat me ...

No comments: