Saturday, August 4, 2007

Baptism Day

Well, the stress of the weekend finally caught up with me yesterday and I cried in public at a MOVIE THEATER for heaven's sake. *sigh*

But the good news is:

*Munchkin and my nephew got baptized and confirmed today!!!
*I still have a job
*Hubby still has a job
*I don't hate my family (much)
*The Explorer lasted for most of my brother's trip before acting up and then getting two flat tires
*My other brother was able to help little brother with the tires (getting them changed and filled, not buying new ones; that's on my agenda next week)
*Mom said she could help us buy new tires so we can sell the Exploder
*Mom bought groceries to get us through until today, which is the first chance I've had to buy groceries in three weeks
*I took the kids school clothes shopping and we're using the cash hubby's brother gave us to pay for it
*Hubby is still on his meds, although they've gotten messed up again this week
*We have money to PAY for the meds
*Hubby's pay increase is effective 8/6 even though he doesn't start his new shift until 8/13
*Munchkin got a lot of cash for her birthday/baptism; she can buy her own darn Heelys
*We were able to buy Munchkin a game she loves (Harvest Moon for GameCube) ... even though both girls were with me at the store; Munchkin didn't care I handed it to her after buying it without wrapping it, either (which is unlike me -- usually, I wouldn't have taken them OR given it to her without wrapping it. I was VERY stressed out.)
*Have the tithing money and have a positive balance in BOTH bank accounts
*Small Fry actually MINDED me and got most of her packing done tonight since little brother is staying with us again tomorrow and she needed to clean her room
*MIL and FIL are happy we're going over there tomorrow for cake and ice cream

And my husband and I have had some "quality time" this week, so yeah, I'm happy. *snort*

6 comments:

evitafjord said...

Hey, don't know if it's the right dosage, but generic Tegretol is on the $4 list at W-Mart.

And congrats to Munchkin on her baptism. Doesn't that make you feel OLD? Can't believe Hannah's was over a year ago - she's practically in college it seems. ZOOOOOOM goes time from here on out.

stewbert said...

He's on the XR version of Tegretol. It's not *that* expensive, and I don't think there's a generic equivalent yet (i could be wrong though).

Yeah. I feel old. Oddly, I felt older when she started kindergarten and then first grade. lol

steph k said...

Wait until she hits Jr. High and HIGH SCHOOL... even my GRANDMA felt old when that happened with me. Hee hee.

evitafjord said...

You're probably right - we have the same problem with his Welbutrin. He could switch to the generic but he'd have to remember to take it twice a day. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

ADDollhouse said...

I love Munchkin and am so proud of her (and you!)!

Oh and I will totally provide the Coke, I just thought that giving a kid a 2 liter of caffeine might look bad at a baptism! But tell her I owe her.

stewbert said...

D, he was actually remembering pretty well to take his meds until he decided to stop them (bad result, long story). they've increased his dose, but he's still all whacked out. Gotta get back in the habit and gear of taking them at the same time every day again.

*snort* Okay, BA, will do.

I felt old when my little brother started driving (he's two years younger than me). I'm sure that will be bad, too.