Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The end of the visit

Munchkin and Small Fry were pretty horrid their last day at church together. I cried and cried and got mad and then told them to eat dinner without looking at each other or speaking to each other (my SIL says she has had to do this with their two older children as well). After a while, they decided to be friends again and played well. The Japanese brother and family came over again and stayed the night. My cousin showed up to spend time with them, and hubby's meds were still really messed up, so we ended up leaving to his parents' house a bit earlier than planned since my family was freaking him out.

We had a special Tongan dinner and then cake and ice cream for the birthday girl and the last night kid at Mom and Dad's. Then Mom gave me $200 for each of the girls for "school supplies". (If you ever watched Lizzie McGuire, you'll know why I think that's funny). As I'd taken the kids school clothes shopping the day before and put it all on a credit card, I was really grateful for the money. I didn't spend that much, but we've put the rest of their money aside for when they need things during the school year. Munchkin says I should put hers in her bank account for the interest. (Mom also gave her $100 for her baptism, which she's taken to the mall with the entire contents of her piggy bank with hubby for Heelys, and any leftover money she wants in her bank account, too). Small Fry was mad I just didn't give her the whole amount, and I said, "we bought school clothes, you know things have been tight, here's $20, be quiet." Okay, I didn't tell her to shut up, but she was satisfied with the $20. Hopefully her mother doesn't call and decide to try and ream me out about the rest of it -- it's none of her business, wasn't her money. *sigh*

We came home and cuzzin was still here, so we all just chatted for a while. He left when it was time to put the kids to bed. It was good to see him, but I revert to childhood and childish (punching, hitting, sarcasm) whenever he's around. Not good. lol

Anyway. The Exploder has been acting up, so I got up Monday at 2:30 a.m. and took hubby to work in the Cruiser. Got home around 3:15, couldn't sleep for a while, fell asleep at 4. Had to get up at 4:30 to let the in-laws in the house so they could stay with the girls while I took the Japans to the airport. Left at 5:30. SIL asked me if there was something wrong with our bed. She said she'd heard squeaking and thought we were setting our alarm clock, but it kept going. So she went in and started talking to my brother, who wanted her to shut their bedroom door because he didn't want to hear his sister getting some. He was embarrassed during the act, she said she "enjoyed" hearing it (hahahaha), and then they both teased me in the car on the way to the airport. THEN she said, "I can't believe you wanted to do it that late, knowing you had to get up that early to take him to work. I wouldn't have." I'm like ... "I'm always ready to go." Must be our family, since my bro admitted he is, too, and so are both of my other brothers and a sister (the other sister used to be that way, too).

Hubby called around 5:50 to ask me to get him -- but I couldn't. Told him to call Mom. Got home around 7 and the in-laws left; he hadn't called them. I fell asleep, had a dream hubby needed me, woke up at 8. I tried to call him but couldn't reach him and didn't know quite what to do. I made breakfast for the girls, fed them, had a shower, and at 9:30 took Munchkin to my SIL's, then took Small Fry to the airport. I had to wait until the plane took off, and right after SF got on the plane, her mom called to say she was on her way to the airport (WHEW!). I left the airport around 11:45, drove straight to my SIL's to pick up Munchkin, and stayed there talking and decompressing (seriously, as I left the airport, I felt a huge weight lift from my shoulders), then took Munchkin to Deseret Book to get her name imprinted on the scriptures my parents bought her for a baptism gift (they also bought her dress).

When I got home, hubby's shoes were here but I couldn't find him for a bit. He was on SF's bed, curled up in a ball, angry at me and the world. Turns out he broke his cell phone and left work; don't know if he still has a job today. He walked to his parents' house and slept on the trampoline until his mom got there, and then she brought him home. we must have just missed him. i talked with him for a bit, gave him his meds, and, well, had some alone time. he's better today after his next dose.

Anyway, yesterday sucked. last night, i started with a yeast infection and woke up in the middle of the night (around 2 a.m.) with pink eye. Sometime after that, I started my period. Fun!!!

Went to the eye doc this morning just to check the eye out -- the surgical flap is fine, just need some new antibiotics for the conjunctivitis. I'm in a bit of pain from my eye now though, and the cramps sure aren't helping matters. Owell.

I'm working. One of us has to. *sigh*

Hoping he still has a job; he's s'posed to change shifts next week. Different work, better pay, better boss. Hope it works out.

No comments: