Friday, August 31, 2007

UTIs and other fun stuff

So, I woke up Wednesday with another UTI. I never had a problem with them until I had the IUD a year ago, and since I had it pulled last October, I've had two or three more. I'm so sick of being on antibiotics for EVERYTHING since my heart condition -- I don't think I've gone a month in the last 1-1/2 years without a course of antibiotics. My stomach just started churning even just thinking about taking another round of antibiotics. So I tried to ignore it Wednesday, not wanting to be having different sorts of pains and problems from the antibiotics, but finally called the doctor Wed afternoon. They were closed for the day, and they are closed on Thursday. What to do?

I looked up some homeopathic sorts of things on-line. After reading for a couple of hours (interspersed by every-5 or 10-minute trips to the bathroom, I drank about a quart of water, a glass of cranberry juice, two glasses of orange juice, took 1000 mg of vitamin C and two cranberry pills as well as a capsule of acidophilus, and yes, my stomach was full. About 15 minutes after all of that, I took 2 Tbs of apple cider vinegar with 2 Tbs of water (no honey, although some websites say you can add that). Within one hour, I no longer hurt when going to the bathroom. At that hour mark, I actually voided more than a dribble for the first time all day. I took another dose of the apple cider vinegar right then, and then Thursday took more when I woke up and more when I went to bed. I will take more before I go to bed tonight, as a prophylactic measure. The only caution they give you is to brush your teeth afterward because the vinegar can make your teeth sensitive. But I feel fine. I'm still drinking a lot of water and bought more juice today, but thank heaven for being able to go to the bathroom again ... hahahahaha.

****

We rented Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles last night for our anniversary. Romantic, I know, but hubby did bring the roses and chocolates, I figured he could pick a movie and I didn't hate the idea of watching it. We both actually enjoyed it. Good stuff. Reminded me of watching the original movies and series with my brothers. lol. Good times ...

****

And I hit level 27 with my toon on WoW today. Not that that is a HUGE accomplishment or anything, but I am having fun. *sigh* Nooooooooo, don't make me have FUN!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

No comments: