Monday, August 13, 2007

pottery-based quiz

1) Harry begins Hogwarts and sorted into a house. Which house do you think you would be sorted in?
Gryffindor = Brave
Ravenclaw = Smart
Hufflepuff = Loyal/hardworking
Slytherin = Sly, looking for the easy way

Hufflepuff. I'm too chicken to sign up for what Gryffindors deal with and, even if I'm smart, I'm too lazy for Ravenclaw's smartness factor. Obviously, I don't want to be in Slytherin.

2) The Mirror of Erised, instead of showing a reflection, shows what the subject wants more than anything. What would the Mirror show you?

A stack of cash and a carefree life ... A big house (not bigger than needed, just big), no debt, the right mixure of rain and sun for me and hubby to both be happy, and a couple more children!

3) In The Chamber of Secrets, Harry’s new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher is a celebrity with an overdeveloped case of ego. Which current celebrity do you think is overblown?

Tom Cruise. Paris Hilton. Britney Spears. Lindsay Lohan -- major disappointment with her ... gah.

4) Harry calls Fawkes (Dumbledore’s phoenix) to him by exhibiting loyalty. What non-family member would be able to call your phoenix?

CC. Jess/Nate. Jennifer.

5) In The Prisoner of Azkaban we first see a Boggart, which takes the form of whatever the person fears. What would your boggart turn into?

I'm Molly Weasley. Everyone DEAD.

Or a big pile of bills and 0 balance in the checkbook.

6) Harry is able to fight off dementors by using a patronus charm which calls upon a very happy memory. What would your happy moment be?

My wedding day to my sweet husband.

7) In The Goblet Of Fire Fred and George try to put their names in the goblet even though they are not old enough. What “mature” activity did you try too early?

Marriage, clearly. The first time.

8)In The Order of the Phoenix Harry discusses what he wants to be when he gets out of school. What did you want to be when you were 15?

A teacher.

9) The kids take their defense against the dark arts in a room of requirement where the room becomes whatever you need. What would your personal room of requirement be–when would it appear?

A sound-proof room with Time-Turners and computers and a bed! I could work in peace, get in a nap, and not miss anything!

10) In the Half-Blood Prince we are exposed to Felix Felicitas, a potion that will make you have a wonderful wonderful day. Tell us about a day that you would like to live over again–a wonderful day.

I don't know that I'd want to live my wedding day over again, but I loved the honeymoon -- just being able to kick back, spend time with my sweetie, and not have to work ... that or the days right after kidlet came home from the hospital, before I left my ex, while he was gone to work. those were good times. ORRRR, after my heart surgery when kidlet and hubby were both here taking care of me, quiet house, etc.


SPOILERS AHEAD

B
E
W
A
R
E
.
.
.


11) In the Deathly Hallows, Hermione blanks her parents' memory of her existence. Is this something you would do to protect those you loved?

Well, yes. It would be hard. But yes. I wished I could have done that back when I left my ex (although, it would have been easier to blank HIS memory ...)

12) We find that Dumbledore entrusted Snape to kill him. Do you have anyone that you would trust enough to kill you if you asked them to?

Hubby and I have had the pull the plug discussion, but that's about it.

13) Many beloved characters do not make it to the end of the book. What fictional characters' deaths affected you (besides the ones in Harry Potter)?

Oh geeze ... I don't like this question. When characters die, there is usually not a happy ending, and I end up hating the book. Richard Paul Evans, I think that's his name (christmas box?), his books are like that. Love the book until a character dies. I quit reading them.

1 comment:

ADDollhouse said...

I am definitely going to have to do this one. (after I get back from the doctor, anyway)