Monday, April 30, 2007

The Bad, the Ugly, and the Good

so, today ... I got woken up around 2:30 this morning by hubby hopping in the shower. He didn't have to work today, but that's when he usually gets up, and he was wide awake so decided to get up anyway. Just as I was deciding to go join him, kiddo woke up and started yelling at me. After sending her back to her room twice, she finally stayed there. Then hubby got out of the shower and I got in, feeling gross from wearing the same clothes two days straight (don't ask). Spent some time with hubby (mwahahahaah) and then I worked out -- 1-mile walk video plus some crunches and stuff. I decided to work then to get a jump start on my week, even though it's my day off, but found my headphones were dead. I was exhausted, so around 5:15 (when I'm usually getting up) I fell back asleep. And stayed that way until he took kiddo to school.

Then, I went to my massage. That was good. Until the therapist asked if I'm pregnant, saying I look "baby". Since hubby and I had decided (after playing unprotected basketball) that we were going to hold off on Zone Conference and have LASIK on my really bad vision eyes first since we have the money in our flex-spend account, that's not that great. Especially since the therapist (who is my aunt) is almost never wrong about that. lolol. Okay, okay, it'll be GREAT if I am preggers (my lurve babies), but I don't know yet as I'm not late until Wednesday or later. So now I'm trying not to freak out about it. Of course.

So, then, I went to lunch with hubby. One of the employees behind the counter at Panda Express in Pleasant Grove, Utah, messed up our order, insisted she didn't, but had given me something that could make my throat swell shut so I knew I didn't order it, and called me "perra" under her breath while I was standing there after nicely asking her to fix it. "perra" means bitch. That's the bad. (everyone should send them hate mail)

Hubby and I quickly left, since I was in a mood and ready to slug her. The ugly is that while venting to hubby on the way to our next stop, I dropped an F-bomb. Gah.

We ran a couple more errands: RadioShack for new headphones and a power cord for the camera hubby bought me for Christmas, and then OfficeMax for chair mats and a paper shredder and some other things. Retail therapy helped a bit. But I was still flamed.

I tried to take a nap when I got home but couldn't sleep, so I worked instead. Then, when kiddo got home, I took her to Wal-Mart. Struck up a conversation with the gal in front of me, and then a little older woman pulled up behind me in one of those motorized carts. After there was room on the counter there for her stuff, I turned to her and asked if I could help her, then unloaded the cart. I felt 100% better just by helping someone else out.

But if it had been the chica from Panda, I might've done something else entirely. hahahahahahahaa.

9 comments:

steph k said...

oh gosh... I hate it when people assume you don't know what they're saying.... geeze.

stewbert said...

I know. gah.

My preggers test this a.m. was negative.

Cupcake said...

Maybe its time to talk to the manager. . .and never go back. I would have told her that I knew what she said and what it means. . .In Spanish.

stewbert said...

Thanks for the input. I don't speak Spanish. I only know a few words. Like "perra". lolol.

I sent a note to corporate via email; I'll probably go in and talk to them when I'm calmer. lol

steph k said...

seriously! I mean food allergies are serious beans! Idiots... they could have been SUED if you'd had an attack or ended up hospitalized or dead!

stupid workers.

stewbert said...

I know. Corporate's whole response was "sorry for the inconvenience. We're reporting the incident to area, regional, and general managers."

yeah. stoopid panda.

ADDollhouse said...

YIKES! I like Panda, but I am so not going to the PG one, then. And I may just write them and say WHY.

Glad you have a normally constricted throat... and she said you looked "baby?" Well, Congratudolances! either way... Basketball is TROUBLE I tell ya!

ADDollhouse said...

Oh and I just read the note about the test. So, ummm, yay New Eyes!

stewbert said...

hahahaha ... basketball IS trouble. hehehehehhee