Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Bunny

My daughter. I swear she knows the Ester Bunny (her spelling; oh the irony) isn't real. I know she knows about Santa and Babushka (family tradition), and I think she might suspect the Tooth Fairy and leprechauns, but seriously, the girl just insists on pretending she doesn't know. She's 7-2/3 years old.

Okay, so I don't 100% mind. Protects her innocence just a bit longer and means I get to have fun pretending longer. It's just that none of her other cousins her age really pretend anymore, except around their younger siblings.

Anyway. The deal is that she has a zillion plastic Easter eggs from the last several years which we store in her Easter basket, and last night I was putting together our traditional Easter morning breakfast when she started asking, "what should I do with my Easter eggs? I don't want the Easter bunny to keep them." I snapped, but she finally had the idea to write the bunny a letter and say, "Don't keep my eggs, just hide them for me, please." Well. The Ester bunny got tired and only hid 13 and put the rest away. So the first thing this morning, she asks what happened to her eggs. oy. What a kid.

The in-laws are a whole 'nother story, which I'm not going to rant about. That's what emailing cc is for. ;)

2 comments:

steph k said...

hee hee hee... your kid is AWESOME.

stewbert said...

hehehehe. thanks. i think so, too.