Saturday, May 1, 2010

When We're Helping We're Happy ...

So today, the husband finished the grocery shopping. He took Kiddo with him. But first, he told her she absolutely had to do the dishes because I'd been telling her to do them all day.

The dishwasher was unloaded and then loaded in less than 10 minutes.

He bought her a treat (mini M&Ms) while they were out, which she shared with Little Mister when they got home. She also helped make dinner again, with a very cheerful attitude.

Later on, after Little Mister was in bed, she helped me sort the baby's clothes into size groups and put the first load in the wash, and folded and put away a load of towels.

Why did it take her all day to do one thing I asked? The rest was happily done, to the point of me wondering who she was ... haha.

The husband also seemed in a very good mood after finishing the shopping. I'm thinking I need to request his help more often, maybe asking him to help fold a load of clothes with me tomorrow.

Completely unrelated, I hadn't seen We Are Marshall ever. It's been on TV a lot the last few days, and I finally managed to catch it on near the beginning this afternoon. Little Mister actually watched it with me. Because they play football a LOT in that movie. haha.

Oh, and to be fair, Kiddo and I did watch Sherlock Holmes earlier today while LM was sleeping. The husband watched it yesterday and said it was very tasteful, so we decided she could watch it if she wanted to. She did.

Next up is The Blind Side, which I was going to turn on tonight while I cut out fabric when I had no work, but it started trickling in. I'm trying not to be upset about it. ;)

2 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

Sounds like a pretty great day. I haven't seen We Are Marshall yet, either. I saw that it's been on TV but still haven't been able to watch it. I liked Sherlock Holmes.

Jules AF said...

I'm glad she got the dishes done so quickly. I'm going to follow her example.