Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A paradox

As I walked through the kitchen earlier, I saw mounds of trash from other people's snacks sitting on the counters amongst the dirty dishes.

I am not a clean freak by any means, let me just state that right now. But I do throw away things as I empty them.

This trash pile mystery happens a few times a week, where it seems like everyone else in the family has forgotten where the trash can is, or how to throw things away, or even when to take the trash out.

The latter was evidenced by my attempt to throw the mounds of trash away: The trash can was already overflowing. And I *know* I didn't put the stuff on top or on the floor next to the can in there. So they obviously know where the can is, but don't know when to stop stuffing it full and change it. *sigh*

There is one slight change in our household lately, though. I am no longer the only one capable of replacing a toilet paper roll. Apparently, the toilet paper fairy has taught my daughter how to change it. Awesome.

4 comments:

Jules AF said...

haha I hate changing my toilet paper roll.

MamaBear said...

i texted a comment but I LOVE the toilet paper fairy thought. lovelovelove.

NG said...

I have the same problem with the dirty dishes. They will all take their dishes into the kitchen and then stack them on the counter top until the stack threatens to fall over from it's own weight... five inches away from an empty and open dishwasher.

stewbert said...

MB, I got your text, but didn't understand what you said after the loving the fairy thing. lol

NG, we have that same problem. :/