Saturday, February 27, 2010

Friday Fave Five!

I'm feeling a bit down today, a bit socially inept these days and need some friends to do stuff with, but my schedule is screwy so it's hard to find people who can do things when I can. Dunno, I've been feeling somewhat disconnected, friendless, and lonely of late, and like I bug people or am really weird or odd or something. So yeah, sometimes it seems like too much effort. bah.

SO, I thought I'd try and come up with some happy things tonight and try and cure my doldrums.

1. My snoogle. I still love that pillow and whomever sent it to me.

2. We had a lot of fun when we went out to dinner tonight as a family because:

3. Someone gave us a Chili's gift card at Christmas attached to a mini tree. There were other gift cards, but this one ... helped us grow closer as a family. And I had shrimp, which made baby girl happy happy happy.

4. Spring is coming. Really. Someday soon.

5. The gal from whom I bought the baby jumpers included a 5th one for free, so 5 cute dresses for under $10? Thank you!

6. I had to get a new mouse because my old one committed suicide. The husband convinced me that an ergonomic one would be better because I've been having a lot of problems with carpal tunnel (yay for pregnancy!), and I love it.

7. I've been able to catch up on some chores and mostly keep up on what I've caught up on (if that makes any sense). Still have a lot to do to prepare for Thumper's arrival in a few months, but I'm making progress!

8. The husband, Small Fry, Kiddo, Little Mister, and Thumper. I am truly blessed. Small Fry has emailed me a couple of times lately, telling me she's a smarty pants because of how well she did on a math test!! and other funny things. Kiddo has been so helpful of late and is a wonderful, beautiful girl. Little Mister is such a joy to be around and makes me smile every single day, more than once even! Thumper is healthy and wiggly and I'm excited to meet her in a few months. And the husband. He's not perfect, but he's mine and he loves me.

9. My mom and sisters. Lurve them. I often wish we all lived closer together so I could see Mom and MamaBear more frequently. As it is, I'm crossing my fingers that DisGrace and I will be able to make the trip to Oregon happen next month.

10. My YSIL got some very, very good news this week and her son is back at home with her. We are thrilled to bits!

The end. I feel better. Don't you??

2 comments:

Jules AF said...

Yes. Sometimes you have to only focus on the positive to feel better about things.

Kristina P. said...

I used to boycott Chilis for some reason. Adam wanted to go, so I went, and now I love it!