Friday, March 19, 2010

How odd.

I have met many "strangers" from the internet ... mostly online dating services (hey, when I was single. Hush, you!). Some of my best friends came from one of them.

Um ... so there's this bloggy lunch tomorrow, hosted by Kristina. She's like a bloggy superstar around here ... funny, down to earth, real ... and I want to meet her! and if Boob Nazi is there, all the more reason to go. There are like 40 or so bloggers going.

It's in a public place during the day, so doesn't hit those red flags of creepy stalkerish out-for-sex-from-LDS-women men wanting to meet you in a dark parking lot at midnight. (yeah, had more than one of those propositions before! from LDS singles dating websites, no less.) Ahem.

I should feel safe and fine going, right?

But here's the thing: I'm NERVOUS. Like, almost as nervous as I was on my wedding day. What if these ladies whom I adore online hate me in real life? What if someone says something about the giant pumpkin I appear to have swallowed? What if this baby, who has made my eating all the more picky of late, won't let me eat anything but a giant basket of rolls at Golden Corral??? It will be entirely too apparent to everyone in attendance that I am not pregnant, but a complete and total carbohydrate addict, and that is why I am so fat and have a beer gut. What if, heaven forbid, I dump food all over my ever-expanding self, thus proving myself forever a slob?

Yes, these things have really gone through my head. And that last one? happens almost daily.

The husband assured me today that he will not just veg at home but actually interact with our children and take them to the park or something (depending on the weather). That should alleviate some worry, right? except I have to be gone again for a few hours on Monday for a 3-hour glucose test (ugh, I guess I won't just be eating rolls after all), so I'm not sure how Little Mister will handle me being gone to Midvale for a good chunk of the day tomorrow.

Ah well. At least I can look forward to the probability of setting off smoke detectors for the third time this week, this time while making a roasted chicken when YSIL comes for dinner tomorrow with her son.

8 comments:

Jules AF said...

I'm nervous too!!! Don't you worry.

Kristina P. said...

If it makes you feel better, I'm also a bit nervous, and I've done many of these before!!!

What if YOU don't like ME?!?!?

I am so excited you are coming!

Katie said...

I'm always dropping food on my belly these days. I hate it. And don't worry about people not liking you. You're adorable. Got it?

kadyb said...

I'd be nervous, too, and I might even chicken out. Hope you don't!!

Go - have fun. Read Tyson and Katie's comment multiple times. It'll be OK.

Love, Mom

evitafjord said...

I would go to the bloggy lunch just to see you.

stewbert said...

oh my gosh, I love you guys. :) Thanks for making me feel better everyone!

Off to get cleaned up and ready to go!! squeee!

MamaBear said...

i felt the same way when _I_ met an e-friend IRL. i love her to death, but it was weird. and i was sick and couldn't snuggle her miracle baby. :( but it was totally worth it!

kadyb said...

PS. How did it go?

PPS. Do you think your smoke detectors are trying to tell you something?? :)