Monday, February 25, 2008

What do vibrators, Robert DeNiro, video games, pastries, and homicidal robots have in common?

NOTHING. Except they were all featured prominently in my dreams last night.

Recurring dream: Hubby was playing video games and told me I'd worn him out and to use a vibe. So I had a vibrator in my pants throughout my dreams randomly. And whenever this dream occurred, I couldn't get it to turn off, nor could I remove it from my pants.

WEIRD dream: Robert DeNiro was a cop who wanted to be a pastry chef. Only he wanted to make the perfect pastry, not a mediocre substitution. So he became a robot, programmed to make the perfect pastry ... and try and take over the world. I of course discovered his perfidious pastry power-tripping plot, and his right hand robot decided to try and kill me.

In recent weeks, I've had very vivid dreams of being a spy, undercover agent, protecting small children and preventing people from blowing me up.

I can explain the vibe dream: I read an article a week or two ago about a guy who wore one in his pants in an airport and got through security. With it ON. I thought it was hilarious, but never thought I'd DREAM about something similar.

As for the DeNiro dream, my current favorite movie is StarDust and I've watched it a few times since Valentine's Day. If you haven't seen it, go watch it. The right hand robot looked, oddly enough, like his first mate.

The spy/agent dreams, I cannot explain. My all-time favorite TV show is ALIAS, which I have on DVD, but finished the series a while ago (october-ish???) and haven't turned it back on since (although I probably will now). So I can't figure out why that is playing so prominently in my dream.

I did have a rather amusing dream about trying to play competitive volleyball ... but my right arm wouldn't work right. I couldn't serve, spike, or bump ... it just would NOT cooperate. I woke up with a dead right arm ... and laughed and laughed.

The really wild thing is that hubby comes in the bedroom every morning about the same time, and in my half-awake state I tell him all about my dreams ... and he spends about 30 minutes laughing at me. I'm sure I'm having such crazy dreams because of the pregnancy though. At least, that's what I tell myself to make myself go to sleep at night.

2 comments:

oh just ehu. said...

Hey Stewie--this is Ehu, BA's friend. I stumbled into your blog and thought I'd read it...eek, hope you don't mind. I like your vibrator dream, but I wonder what would happen to someone who really tried that and got caught. I'd love the Vball part of your dream, but I think I'd wake up furious as to my arm not working (since I love Vball) Hmm...

stewbert said...

No worries Ehu. :) Don't mind at all.

I know -- crazy dreams for sure.