Thursday, February 21, 2008

Something I Never Thought Would Happen

Hubby is stretching out my butt.

And it's not even a "fun" time.

I'm usually pretty bendy -- love yoga, even fat. TaeBo? I can kick over my head, even fat. Used to be able to do the splits, but I'd have to work at it again (and lose 100 pounds). Right now, though, there's a baby in the way.

Sitting on a hard chair for too long makes my sacrum hurt and sciatics flare up, and I can't stretch my own butt out because I can't flip my leg over my belly or get into deep stretchy positions because of the belly. Hubby has to very gently move my leg up over the baby and then push like mad while he's massaging the painful area with his other hand. It's not enjoyable in an "oooo, baby!" sort of way, but does feel good in a "I no longer hurt!" way, AND I can walk normally again for a few hours.

Thank heaven. I'm just gonna have to make him do it every day. hahahahaha.

Went to lunch with Hyz today -- it was awesome, she's so sweet, had a great time. We don't see each other nearly often enough, much like me with most of my friends, but I'm working on it! At any rate, she asked if I'd have more babies after this. Steph asked the same thing the other day via email (not at our lunch last week -- we were mostly talking about men and stuff with Prism).

The thing is, I know I'm 9 years older than I was with Munchkin. But I know if I wasn't so heavy, it wouldn't hurt this bad! So after baby comes, I gotta get my rear in gear and get some of this weight off before we even consider getting pregnant again. My joints, ligaments, and muscles feel it. And I'm wondering if it'd help the migraines, too.

Let this be a lesson to you: If you are more than 100 pounds overweight and want to have a baby, try and get rid of *some* of it before you get knocked up. It'll be easier on your body and better for the baby.

1 comment:

ADDollhouse said...

Sounds painful to me!