Saturday, March 31, 2007

Friday Fave Five!!! (wait ... it's saturday ... my bad)

Okay. We've had a really rough week. Hubby is doing a lot better now than he was earlier in the week. Thank heaven.

So ... my Friday Fave Five this week ... things that helped me cope and feel better through hubby's crash and other problems this week. He's still my fave, I still love him, all that stuff. We're good.

1. My credit union. They're helping refi the house, then we'll sell it. That'll give us time to get it cleaned up and paint the garage door and touch up the paint throughout the house. Then we have two months of no mortgage payments, so hopefully we can sell it in that time.

2. My doctor. He isn't just taking the first answer (UTI) to be the cause of all my illness/trouble. He is sending me for an ultrasound of my abdomen and pelvis next week and took a whole bunch of blood yesterday. Which is okay I guess. I'm not pregnant, just nauseated constantly, which is being made worse by the antibiotics. Fun times. Hopefully this, too, passes and nothing else is wrong with me and hopefully nothing else is going on that will prevent me from getting pregnant soon.

3. Friends like CC and Kip. Playing last night (Friday) helped out a ton.

4. Kidlet. She's been so great and taking such good care of mommy. I had a massage Wednesday which hurt me for two days -- couldn't even drive. i'm doing better now and the muscles loosened up a TON, but when I was hurting so bad, she just patted me on the shoulders and snuggled up with me where she wouldn't hurt me and took care of me. Such a great kid.

5. My boss being understanding about me being sick. Although I'm not sure she's going to continue to let me slack, so hopefully we can sell the house in early May so I can move to part time. Oy.



So ... yeah. kip loves castles, so cc and i picked her up last night, got a bite at Carl's, and drove up to Cedar Hills to show her the castle house. It's still there, just like I remembered. cc says that's a popular thing to do now (castle elements in houses), but i just remember mocking the family who built it. poor family. and we drove by what used to be a nauseatingly pink house ... that family also got mocked and they had a hard time selling the house until they found someone who was willing to re-stucco the thing and re-do all the landscaping.

now i'm plotting munchkin's birthday party, possibly considering a trip to Farmland at Thanksgiving Point with animals and stuff ... or just doing the pool thing again. we shall see.

Thursday night, I sang a solo in a production of Women at the Well at church. It was fun. I like singing, but I usually insist on singing in a group -- this time, things were just so crazy, I didn't have time to get to the choir practices, so the sister in charge of all of the music brought me a solo. After the thing was over Thursday, she told me I need my own CD. mwahahahaha. Anyway, turns out the sisters in the choir blended really well and didn't really need me. I have this voice ... it just sort of is THERE. It is BIG, and I wouldn't have been able to blend as well with them. So it turned out for the better that I didn't do the choir. lol.

well. now i'm nauseated more and having cramps. woo. i'm gonna go cuddle munchkin, who went to a sleepover last night but didn't sleep over (she's not allowed to sleep over). The mom of her friend said she understood and was just glad i'd let her go over at all. lol.

No comments: