Saturday, March 10, 2007

Taco nite, cute kid, and fairy wings

So, went to Taco Night at CC's last night. It was fun, got out of the house for a few hours sans hubby and munchkin. Love them, sometimes need a break. when you work from home and all your interactions with the outside world are via email or just to church, sometimes you need a break. So, I was feeling better last night before I left anyway, and hubby and I got to talk for a few minutes before kidlet got home, so things were good. Kip showed up and we drove up to SLC to pick up Stef and then on up to Ogden-ish (i don't even know where we were -- beyond Kaysville and Fruit Heights -- Hi Cherry Hill!!!) to CC's for tacos, virgin margaritas, horchata, and brownies. Took a slight detour, but that's okay -- we needed gas and money, and found a bank and a gas station that wasn't ripping everyone off. so ... we made it to our destination with plenty of time to help CC and cupcake finish getting everything ready.

(and cupcake's boy then showed up -- he's quite cute and very charming and sweet. go cupcake!)

lots of laughing, funny jokes, people getting along without anybody killing anyone else. CC did great and I picked up my print of "Goodbye blue sky". Yay! I chose the black finish.

So Munchkin woke up about 20 minutes after I got in bed. She needed a hug, which I caved and gave her and sent her back to bed. Hubby mumbled something about needing to get up at 2:45 for work, so I set the alarm. when it went off, he was actually upset because he didn't need to get up until 4. I'd've been upset, too. Sheesh. Poor guy. He fell back asleep but didn't rest well and I couldn't sleep well either until he was up and out the door. Darn it.

When I actually did get up, Munchkin asked if she could dress up. I said sure. She was watching Barbie Fairytopia or something. So she put on her dance costume from last year and started running around the house. A few minutes later, she came by the office door with straws sticking out of her body. I just looked at her and said, "What???" "They're wings!!!" "Wings" made out of bendy straws she'd created apparently while I was asleep this morning. She's so cute.

And I realized last night as I told this story to kip and stef that I hadn't shared it with anyone else. One day, she comes in to my office and says, "Mom, I know I can't have a real dog, but what about a robot dog. Can we get one of those?" Knowing how expensive they are, I said, "we'll see." Well, she thought about it for a second and said, "Can I make a robot dog? With my radio and wheels and stuff?" and I thought, what the heck. "Go write down everything you think you need and draw pictures on how you're going to do it." So she did. Then she asked if she could take her radio and make the robot. Realizing it's an expensive boom box and that I really didn't want it destroyed, I said, "What if you just make the radio look like a dog?" She thought that was *awesome* and made eyes, ears, nose, and a tongue out of paper, GLUED them to the radio, and used the cord for its tail. She then started dragging the radio around, gave it a name, started petting it and cuddling it. Realizing what she's up to, I told hubby, "she's doing this to prove she'd be a good dog owner." lolol. Dogs are not inside pets to us now, so ... no dog. but she can have the radio. I'll have to post pictures sometime.

1 comment:

Cupcake said...

Yay! I'm glad you enjoyed your time!