Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's nice to have a living alarm clock ... I guess

Mojo has been waking up and staying up around 4 a.m., even after getting a clean diaper and a full tummy, which means I'm up too. Which is good because I'm supposed to be working and can't just smack the alarm and roll over and go back to sleep ... like I did a lot when I was pregnant.

It's also good because he fusses too much in the evening for me to have my former schedule of working until midnight, so I end up in bed much earlier usually.

So, after the dipe and the feeding, he sits in his swing for a little bit, then I tie him on me and we snuggle until he's ready to eat again.

Knowing I only have about 90 minutes between the end of one feeding and the beginning of the next means I've been more focused on work, too. Which is awesome -- I'm getting more work done in less time ... except when I get dictators who don't do that great of a job talking on the phone. I sure hope they're better than that when talking to their patients.

The only drawback I can see is that he seems to be starting to think as long as I'm awake, he should be too ... so he's not getting quite enough sleep and he's fussing a bit when I'm supposed to be working. *sigh* Good thing I changed companies during the pregnancy because the folks at my new place are soooo understanding, and my old boss was soooo not.

No comments: