Monday, June 16, 2008

Morons at Church, updated pic (31 weeks 1 day)


This has been bugging me and I guess I need to vent. I dunno -- I know I've gained weight and I know my belly is HUGE. I went to church yesterday for the first time in a month, just sacrament meeting because I know it's stupid to push myself beyond that. My neighbors are expecting as well, about a month after me. She's a lot smaller than me, but she was smaller to begin with. Anyway. I ran into her in the bathroom, and she asked how much longer, and I said two months. She asks *every* time she sees me (so does everyone else) because she can't believe I really have that long left and/or can't remember we're due about a month apart. THEN I ran into her husband, who said, "so you're due any day, right?" "No. I have two months left." His jaw dropped and he started to say something else. I turned and walked away. *every* person who saw me asked how much longer. I get that my belly is huge, but my hell ... who gave these people license to comment about it? Granted, a lot of the women were sympathetic and kind, especially those who know about all the preterm labor crap we've been dealing with, and all of their loving kindness made me cry. The morons are the ones who made me pissed off. lol.

My former co-workers have said things before, but they asked to see an updated picture (they live all across the country, and we still talk even though few of us work for the same companies anymore). So I showed them this one. They were very gracious and said, "It looks like you've only gained weight in your belly -- it's all baby!" Which it really is. That and boobs (which look even tinier Steph, and they're bigger!). My hips have spread a bit, but that's pelvis separating. Hubby agrees it's all belly and boobs -- he says my butt and legs haven't changed much at all. And after all, who sees me naked and knows where the weight is? Geeze ...

Can you tell I'm annoyed? That would be the other reason I didn't go to any of the other meetings. I saw enough people who made enough comments to last me the rest of the pregnancy, didn't need to see the rest of them.

4 comments:

steph k said...

it's so true... you really are just belly and boobs.

*ehu. said...

Hey, I'm belly and boobs too! Wish I had a better reason other than 'too much Rocky Road' behind it. :)

stewbert said...

LOL. Rocky Road is my friend these days ... although I'm enjoying Ding Dongs and cherries as well ... and I *wish* I had peach cobbler left, but we left it all with FIL. lol

stewbert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.