Monday, July 26, 2010

It was a busy weekend

what I've done since Thursday: Thursday morning, I took a load to the storage unit, had to go in person (with all 3 kids in tow) to the city to get the utilities changed to our name, went to sis's and the store with her and all 6 kids. we came home and everyone crashed. Friday, I called the bank about our house, got everyone packed for the weekend, found a real estate agent and signed contracts with him for a short sale, came home so i could sell the pack 'n' play but the gal didn't show up, drove halfway to my sister's (who lives 30 minutes from me) but had forgotten the key to her house so i had to go back home.

after we got the key, we went to sis's and let her poopy out, then went to see Evitafjord, who was at another friend's for the night so we spent a few hours there. Then we went back to my sister's and I spent the night with 3 babiesand a dog in the bed. Saturday morning, my aunt called to see if I had time to visit with her this weekend. I haven't seen her since my grandfather died 7 years ago, so we put the poopy back in the house and drove home to start some chicken in the crockpot (it had to get cooked today), then drove back 15 minutes south and visited for a few hours at my other aunt's house. The local one didn't even know I was pregnant. She's obviously not on facebook. lol. We left the aunts and came home and sold the pack 'n' play to someone else. Little Mister fell asleep at the aunt's house, and stayed asleep for FOUR hours. So I napped with the baby. When he woke up, I finally got showered and we all went to Hubby's friends' house for a BBQ. Hubby left from there for work, and when they started fireworks, we left because Little Mister freaked out.

I did not clean a single thing, do a single dish, or pack a single box.

Got up Sunday morning, ready to make a pancake breakfast and finish the kids' rooms and living room. After breakfast, Little Mister turned into an evil child and hit the baby over the head with a hanger. I asked him to give it to me and caught my finger in it somehow, and he pulled the opposite direction. Pain. Cursing. Pain. Swelling. The husband got woken up. *sigh* LM finally went down for his nap, so I tried to get one too, but it wasn't very long. After we all got up, I went into Kiddo's room. She and Little Mister had destroyed it. Again. Couldn't see the carpet. Again. After I freaked out, we cleaned more, and she cleaned/packed/purged the rest of the day. Finally, there was enough room we could move the bed and she could finish cleaning under it.

So last night, I finished the kitchen. Still have LM's room, our room, the bathrooms, my desk area, and the garage. Feels like this move will never be finished, but whatever.

3 comments:

Jules AF said...

Isn't it funny how little we can know about family members if they're not on facebook?!?

Katie said...

Whew. Busy is an understatement. I feel your pain about moving. It blows. It'll be over soon, I promise. You need any help?

Jillybean said...

Just reading that made me tired.
Excuse me, I need to go take a nap.