Monday, July 19, 2010

*freaking out*

I started college 15 years ago.

I never finished.

I got married and had a baby instead.

But the husband's green card application won't go through until late this fall (well after school has started), so we decided one of us should go ahead and get going because our financial life is just going to suck until one or both of us gets established in a new career. I guess that's me.

My hope is to become a dental hygienist eventually, and if I'd started last fall like I thought, I'd be ready to start the dental hygiene school next year. But no. I didn't.

I'll start with a couple of internet classes this term and next, going half time while I'm still a mom and hopefully can still work (because if I can't, this isn't going to happen), and take the tough classes next school year. And hopefully get into the program I want.

*click*

Two marriages and 3 babies later ... I just sent in my re-application to UVU.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That is exciting! Good luck.

SRA said...

Yes...good luck. :) Better late(r) than neve(r), right?

Jules AF said...

Good luck getting back in and started again!