Monday, November 19, 2007

Clomid Crazies, Continued

So I had an appointment for laser hair removal today. It's never fun, and I never do it near my period because the hormones make you more sensitive to the laser. We did that once, and I decided never again.

Well, guess what?

Clomid makes your body's hormones go a bit wacky, too. I *CRIED* through the first 5 minutes, so she stopped and said, "we can reschedule for next month." I was like, "okay. *sniff*" Yeah. I've never cried before. She is 7 months pregnant and said, "Well, honey, with the Clomid, you have more hormones going through you than I do right now." She's an APRN who used to work at planned parenthood. lol. So yeah. She knows.

I called hubby, and he was somewhat sympathetic and apologized, then I went to Costco with my DisGrace, Dizzy, and Bru, and by the time I got home, I was near hysterical. Hubby gave me a hug and when I burst into tears, he very gently said, "why don't you have a nap?" yeah. sweet, huh? And he told me last night when he did finally wake up that he loves being married to me and is thankful we've stuck it out and feels like things are settling down now. geeze, enter Clomid Crazies. I got mad when I woke up because he said he was going to bed and I had asked earlier if we'd get to spend some time together. We didn't get our date this weekend because he slept through it, and then he got mad at me Sunday night for not waking him up for a movie (I *tried*, but he was too stinking tired and told me to let him sleep some more). Anyway. I picked up kiddo and we went to the store for a couple of things (shudder, i hate grocery shopping the week of thanksgiving, which is why i went shopping last week, but got a phone call and an email asking for a couple more things for thanksgiving and flowers and money for Santa). When I got home, he was in bed but not asleep, just depressed, and I apologized for being nuts, told him how much I hate Clomid, and he said, "you're just so confusing right now!" I laughed and said, "Imagine how it feels being on this side of things." He laughed too. I *think* we're okay -- we kissed and made up, and he seems to be sleeping well. But man ... Clomid is of the devil. At least it's not like the IUD with everyone telling me I shouldn't be feeling any side effects from the hormones. With the Clomid, everyone goes, "Man, that has bad side effects," including the APRN at the laser removal place who then said, "do you need a doctor's note for work? i'll write one!" LOL.

In other news, Santa fell down the stairs and broke his leg. Munchkin kept asking me when we were going to visit, so we went today after school. He's a friend of my dad's -- they worked together at the prison for a long time, and he has the long white beard and plays Santa every year for children in hospitals and family Christmas parties, including ours. He gave us a really nice waffle iron for the wedding (which, oh boy, I think I'm making waffles this weekend) and has come to every family event we've had lately. He told me today he asked my MIL if she was hubby's sister and he thinks he offended her with that. I laughed. I plan to ask her Thursday. hehehe.

We're having Thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws on Thursday, then another one Friday with my siblings. It'll be fun. Or at least tasty. Our families don't have all that much drama these days -- it's the fireworks at home that keep me on my toes. I do have the one brother-in-law who is schizophrenic, but he's even more stable and cognizant of his surroundings whenever we're there now, and MIL told me today he just keeps doing better. So that's all good. :)

Hugs and happy Turkeys.

2 comments:

steph k said...

at least you have people's sympathy. ;)

I'm glad that things are going well otherwise!

stewbert said...

lol. :)