Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas SURVEY!

Swiped it from Bobbie. Thought it might get me in the mood ...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate. Egg nog makes me gag unless it's diluted with milk or sprite, but I still prefer hot chocolate.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Most are wrapped, unless they're in a stocking or too bulky/big to wrap.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I prefer white, but I think my tree that *isn't* broken is colored ...

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope, don’t need any (ditto) (hehehe! me too)

5. When do you put up your decorations? I used to follow my mom's tradition of putting them up on Black Friday or the Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend, but since I got married ... it's not set in stone. Probably ought to do it next weekend though.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Oh boy ... I just like food. Right now, I'm craving more sweet potato casserole ... might have to make more ... I love the honeybaked ham thing we buy once a year (costco's is the best next to the real HBH, but the costco one costs a lot less), cheesy potatoes, any of the homemade goodies I made most years ... toffee ... mmmmm ...

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I dunno. My folks always tried to make them special, even when they were broke. I still find myself doing things just because that's the way they did things. Like oranges and peanuts in stockings -- only we skip the peanuts, and I changed to chocolate oranges because our Munchkin won't eat oranges! hehehe

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yep, from Babushka.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With ornaments and lights. How do you do it? (lol)

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Need it! It better start snowing soon or we will have a bad summer next year. (no kidding)

12. Can you ice skate? Yeah, but not like figure skating ...

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I think it was my digital camera last year from Hubby. Or the year I got to tell my family I was expecting Munchkin ... or her first Christmas the next year. That was a blessed Christmas. I was single, and broke, and didn't have a coat. Someone in the ward dropped off a card just before Christmas with $200 in cash in it and a note to buy a coat for myself, signed "a sister in the Gospel." Never found out who it was, but THAT was awesome.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family and friends (ditto)

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin pie this year. Or the sweet potatoes ... dang. I like GOOD food. The things I only make at Christmas, like shortbread, toffee, peppermint chocolate, toffee cookies, pumpkin bars and rolls ... Yeah, anything GOOD.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Reading Luke 2 and Babushka (thanks Kirstie) Christmas Eve.

17. What tops your tree? ... An angel, but I need a new one.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Honestly, I'm really bad at giving gifts to certain people. Everything I've given my mother has been dubbed "cheesy" (not necessarily by her). I've bombed out on my gifts to my husband, although I'm hoping the darn massage mat goes over well.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I like most of them, but one of my favorites is Candlelight Carol -- have sung it with my mom several times.

20. Candy Canes? Yes

21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? It can be. I try not to make it that way at our house.

2 comments:

evitafjord said...

Man, I love stealing quizzes from you.

stewbert said...

hehehehe.