Friday, December 15, 2006

Sweetness just came home from measuring and weighing in ... Well. I'm totally disgusted. hehehe. He went from 251 pounds to 202 pounds, 31% body fat to 14.8% body fat. His 36-waist jeans are too big now. However. Because one of the teammates got sick and lost 10 pounds of muscle in one week, and the other part of the contest is to see how much muscle they packed on, they decided to push for one more day. Why? To try to sweat off as much water weight/fat as they can. A trainer at the gym told them to drink 3 gallons of distilled water then spend an hour in the sauna, to "fudge" their numbers a bit -- supposedly, this will make them lose 3% of that weight and make it look like they've gained more muscle than they have.

Okay, this doesn't seem the safest thing to me, and hubby knew I'd feel that way, so before he told me any of that, he started off with, "I'm sorry." I asked, "Did you wreck the car?" He shook his head. So, my mind is racing with possibilities for a few minutes until he can explain the above.

Honestly, there's no need to apologize. Y'know, unless he kills or maims himself with water intoxication, which does happen.

He was going to say, "Bag it, I'm done," but the team captain is the one who really needs the money. They've been strapped financially for a long time, but they just had a baby who was only 10 days early, but her lungs aren't developed and she's in the NICU.

So, we go through the crazy diet and weird water theory for one more day. I can handle that. I hope.

No comments: