Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Fave Five!!

1. The husband and I had an actual date last weekend. Without children. *gasp* It was the first time since before I got pregnant with our 13-month-old! We had a gift card to Cinemark, so we watched a movie, and it wasn't even a guy movie! Hubbers asked me to watch a chick flick with him! We saw The Time Traveler's Wife. If you don't mind seeing naked butts of both guys and girls, then you'll probably enjoy it. The story was beautiful, but I could've done without the buns.

2. Saving money. See previous post.

3. Kiddo got back from her overnight field trip safe, sound, and exhausted. She slept in this morning after jabbering about her trip from the second she saw me when she got off the bus until the second her head hit the pillow. hehe.

4. The service contract, which means I now get fancy schmancy treatment at the dealership since they figured out I have the.best.warranty chrysler has to offer. They got the car yesterday, got us a rental car (the service contract pays for that), got most of it fixed, then found something else wrong and FIXED IT TOO -- all covered by the service contract. Now, I know some people say not to buy the extended warranty, but I bought the car brand new (it had 43 miles or something on it) and I planned to just keep it until it died, and I knew I didn't want to be paying for repairs while I was still paying for it. Turned out to be a good thing because there is no.way.on.earth that we could be paying for these repairs right now. And you sort of need oil to stay in the engine, and the radiator is required, too. And if you want to not get headaches or wet your pants from bad suspension, that has to be intact as well. So that's all covered, the things are all fixed, and the car is functioning correctly again.

5. DisGrace babysat for us last weekend and again today. Hey, I can leave the baby with them and everyone survives! The husband isn't quite as freaked out about leaving the baby (who is really a toddler) with someone now. Thank heaven.

Ta-Da!!!

No comments: