Monday, August 3, 2009

ahh, Monday

I missed the friday fave five. Bother.

It's Monday now, who cares? hahaha

Actually, it's more than Monday. It's kiddo's 10th birthday. Both my kids had huge milestones in the last few weeks ... *sniff* They're growing up. *sniff*

I never thought I'd be this weepy over them getting older, but I really do love and enjoy my kids. I'm not one of those parents (yet) who can't wait for the kids to get older and grow up and get out of the house. I do find myself thinking, "I can't wait until ..." y'know, Mojo can feed himself, is walking, is able to eat more food ... or Kiddo can have makeup (2 more years on that one), is in young women's, etc. But then I stop myself and remind myself to enjoy the here and now. Mojo is just plain adorable, charming everyone everywhere he goes, loving on us, playing tiddlywinks with his Cheerios at restaurants, giving slobbery kisses and hugs, saying "no" ... and Kiddo is a hoot and helpful and so sweet with our whole family (unless she's being a preteen with attitude) ... I really am blessed and will miss this when they do get bigger. *sniff*

Happy birthday, kidlet. Love you.

2 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Happy birthday to your sweet Kidlet!

Jules AF said...

aww yay birthday. (Oh crap, speaking of, it's my brother-in-law's birthday today. Crap)