Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday night. Date much?

Okay, so hubby is playing a videogame and I'm in my office (yes, using my work computer to post) instead of reading or watching a movie or sleeping, just waiting for him to be done. Nothing is wrong, we're good, just not on our "date" yet. Some weeks, we have dates at home. This was supposed to be one of them, so it may yet happen. I'm just chillin'. He came home from work early and kiddo was asleep ... Ahem. And we're going to the temple Monday (Provo temple is open Monday mornings -- some mishies at the MTC have P-day that day, and that's their temple day, so the temple is open. It is the only temple open on Mondays), so that'll count as a date, too.

Work didn't go that great this pay period. Crappy paycheck is coming. Grrr. The good news is my company decided they needed to quit messing with us and are implementing a quarterly bonus of PTO and cash *if* we hit our quotas a certain number of weeks in the quarter, and the more weeks you do it, the more your bonus is. So ... that's good. Hopefully they keep this program in place. I did realize that I do need caffeine to function right now. Otherwise I just end up crashing beyond belief and barely get anything done, and we can't afford that. So, the mass quantities of pepsi and monster energy drinks aren't helping with my caloric intake ... and diet drinks give me migraines. grrr.

The weight loss sitch ... well ... I started my period this week and during my period I turn into a raving ball of hormones and eat everything in sight, so ... yeah. Re-reading Bob Greene's Total Body Make Over book -- he's Oprah's trainer. I got it on overstock, I think. I buy lots there. Anyway. He has 5 rules about eating, and one of them is getting a handle on your emotional eating, whether it's from stress or boredom or hurt feelings or ... just about anything. That's my biggest problem right now, next to the fact that my entire body hurts when it's cold, especially my sternum and ribcage and all those fun muscles. But uh, yeah. He's totally right about needing to do some mental and emotional ground work before you jump into a weight loss program. So ... I'm working on that as soon as I'm done posting the various blogs I'll be working on tonight (see above with the date tonight being messed up).

As far as my emotional and mental health go ... Most of the time, I'm back to normal from the IUD fiasco. My emotions are under better control than they've been for a while -- probably since the surgery, actually. I still express emotion, but I quit freaking out all the time or crying randomly or feeling like quitting my job or cutting all my hair off and dying it pink (hubby was less than amused when I told him I was going to do so). So ... all in all, that's helped my marriage tremendously, not having those artificial hormones in me. My periods are regular again (every 28 days!) and I'm not having the huge clots I had when I had that thing. My friend J showed me a website where I purchased some test strips to find out when I'm ovulating, so that's helping us not get pregnant before we're ready, too. It's kind of fun to have that under control and see when my LH surge hits and all that. My acne is mostly under control, with breakouts twice a month with ovulation and the onset of my period, instead of every damn day with huge cystic zits. The bad part is the cramps -- they were so bad they weren't responding to heat, motrin, midol, aleve, hot baths, or anything else, and I just ended up crying out of pain and frustration. That went away after 24 hours after the onset, and they're still not the worst cramps I've ever had, so I'm pretty happy about that.

All in all, not the most fabulous of weeks, but not the worst I've ever had either. I'm still happy, even though I am still a bit emotional right now. In fact, I really haven't ever been happier and more content in my life. I adore my husband, and he adores me right back, we have two great kids and a good home and jobs and wards and a fantastic love life, so ... all in all ... we're great.

Now, excuse me while I go cry and eat more chocolate and sour cream and onion chips.

*note: said chips are made from organic brown rice and are BAKED, not fried, so I don't feel guilty much eating them.

No comments: