Monday, January 8, 2007

Luke 2:52

So, kip has this awesome way of making goals and splitting them up into categories according to the above-referenced scripture. Here are mine, divided as well as I can into those categories.

Wisdom (temporal and mental):
*Pay off debt. We have 3 credit cards, student loans, and hospital bills -- all racked up in the last 12 months. We will be making our final payment to the first credit card this month and have a debt stacking plan to take care of the rest, hopefully by 12/31/2007.
*Pay cash for our family vacation this summer to Cali to see Small Fry and hopefully Disney. Put the money from bonuses and "extra" paychecks we get some months into the vacation fund.
*Have $1000 in savings by 12/31/2007 by putting aside $40 out of every paycheck all year and not touching it. That is the emergency fund.
*Finish marriage quilt I started 5 years ago (long before I met hubby) and other projects floating around the house.
*Work back up to my work schedule/production volume of 9500 lines/week, and do it M-F, taking every Saturday off, by March 3.
*ME time. If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Thus, I will take care of me this year and give myself pampering time every week: bubble baths, manicures, pedicures, reading, etc. Save money by getting a library card and read new books.

Stature (physical body):
*Work up to exercising 5-6 days a week
*Eat healthy, focusing my diet on veggies, fruits, lean proteins, and complex carbs. Give myself one "free" day a week so I don't feel deprived and totally go off the "wagon".
*New glasses and contacts. *if* there is still money in the FSA in November and I am not pregnant, get LASIK.
*Release 50 pounds by September so we can focus on increasing our family.
*Brush, floss, and waterpik twice a day to protect my teeth AND my heart. Regular dental checkups, too.

Favor with God (spiritual):
*Pray twice a day. On my knees.
*FHE every week
*Family scripture study every day
*Family prayer twice a day
*Couple prayer twice a day
*Study the Book of Mormon 30 minutes every day, and read other church literature (ensigns, manuals, etc.) another 30 minutes, to complete the 1-hour challenge given by our bishop.


Favor with Man (social, family, marriage):
*One romantic/loving gesture for my sweet husband every week
*Date night every week
*One overnight "minimoon" every month
*Couple prayer twice a day
*Call my parents and Small Fry once a week
*Send letters and make phone calls to my grandfather
*Visit with the in-laws once a month
*Start trying to get pregnant in September (unless we have an accident sooner)
*Spend more time with Munchkin on Saturdays, take the family vacation in July, and possibly a camping trip or two this summer

So, there you have it. Am I crazy? Possibly.


*side note: this might prove i'm really crazy once and for all. i had to go back to the laser clinic today and let them take pictures of the burns on my cha cha and around my perianal area, to document the damage so they can check on my healing in march when i go back for my next treatment. with a different laser. talk about embarrassing. not only did they strip me bald down there, they burned me in several locations, and so I, the hairless naked wonder, now have naked pictures of myself probably going into medical journals, because (of course) I didn't burn "normally". ha.

No comments: