Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm an aunt! ... again.

My brother and his wife lost a baby last summer due to some chromosomal abnormalities. They are thrilled to have a healthy baby girl, born today. She's beautiful! MY baby didn't want his sister to hold the baby and got mad at her, but he got even madder when *I* held her. Then after we were done, he wanted to touch her. It was cute, but confirmed my decision to wait a while yet for the next baby as being the right one.

Let's see, I think this is #18 grandchild for my folks. Three of them are mine, but I have 3 nieces/nephews on hubby's side, so I do have 18 nieces and nephews now. Wild.

4 comments:

evitafjord said...

That's so awesome. And wow, that's a lot of grandkids. My parents have 7.5 and 5 of them are mine haha. 'course, I'm the oldest, #2 only has 1, #3 and #4 aren't married yet and #5 and #6 are newlyweds. Eight on the other side - until September, we have more kids than nieces/nephews on both sides combined.

Kristina P. said...

Congrats to your brother and SIL!

Rockelle said...

three are yours? Do you have a kid I dont know about?

stewbert said...

I have a step-daughter, a daughter, and a son. That's three!