Sunday, March 18, 2007

What's New?

Selling the condo, changing my work schedule, having a baby, and eventually cutting back to part time.

1. Selling the condo. Yep. For serious. If you know anyone in the market for a 3-bed 2-bath 1 car garage condo, the list price is $189,900. That's 5 to 10K below what other people with this floor plan are listing -- yep, we're serious about moving. We'll be moving to an apartment for a while.

2. Changing my work schedule. Working Sundays sucks. Today will be my last one, barring my boss saying "tuff". I will be changing to a Tue-Sat schedule ASAP (like, next week).

3. Having a baby. No, I'm not pregnant. Yet. But we want one and know I'll be sick and can't work full time while I'm doing so, which is why we're doing #1. Why should we both work 45-50 or more hours a week, never see each other or the kidlet, and be totally stressed out all the time? We shouldn't. Sell the condo, pay off debt, sock the rest of the cash into investments/savings, and reduce both of our work loads, while also allowing hubby to get back into school.

4. Cutting back to part time. This would be me -- either during pregnancy or after maternity leave. Hubby is going to change his work schedule in July so he's working fewer hours, too, but making more money -- that whole school/baby thing.

1 comment:

steph k said...

I WANT IT...

too bad I can get it RIGHT NOW. geeze. (the Boy and I already had a discussion about this anyway)

but still good plans! take care of yourselves!